Mahayahay Falls: The Magnificent Waterfall

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

BAGAMANOC | Day 132 to 133 |

AUGUST 25, 2014:
P-Day! We will go to Mahayahay Falls with some of the members led by Bro. Rene. We're all excited because it's been a long time since we did something like this on P-Day. 😀 The meeting place was in Sagrada then we went to Sitio Tondo. When we arrived in Bro. Rene's family copra place we borrowed some Carabaos.

(L to R) E. Moran, E. Aguilando, and me

Elder Moran and I rode in one of the carabaos. IT WAS A WILD EXPERIENCE! Haha. At one point Elder Moran fell in the carabao and went straight to the river floor. 😆 The scariest and funny part was when the carabao (the one we rode) tried going upwards through the mountains and we almost both fell! 😂 That was a fun, crazy, and memorable experience for both of us. Haha. It took all of us two to three hours of walk to arrived at our destination. Fortunately, I rode in the carabao. 


When we arrived we enjoyed the scenery and it is so refreshing and it was a great stress reliever. It was all worth it. They also gather some coconuts and pointy snails. We also ate our lunch together like a family picnic. I really love pointy snails with coconut milk! It is one of my favorite dishes here in Catanduanes. 😊


We stayed and relax for a while and took some pictures. Being in this place will make you appreciate more the beautiful creation of our loving Heavenly Father. Going back to Sitio Tondo I rode the carabao again but this time solo. 😃 Elder Moran rode on his own carabao too while Elder Irabon, Elder Aguilando, and the other members prefer walking by foot.


It took us two to three hours again to arrived in Sitio Tondo and my legs are really stiff. It felt like a cramp. Haha. Thanks to Bro. Rene for letting me ride one of their carabaos. It was really a fun experience for me. 😃



AUGUST 26, 2014:
My body sores especially on the leg part. 😫 Probably because of the hours of riding a carabao yesterday and I didn't stretch. We proselyted for a short period of time and it didn't go well. It's really hard for me to walk so we decided to call it a day and rest my legs because we also have a lot of travel tomorrow because we'll go to Tabaco for the Zone Conference. I updated my journal instead, prepare our stuff for the travels, and also wrote a letter for my previous area.


_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of August 25 to 26:
  • Mahayahay Falls Adventure
    • Carabao ride
  • Leg-ache/Stiffness
  • Wrote a letter for Comun group

You Might Also Like

0 comments