The Day I Entered MTC

Friday, December 20, 2013

MTC | Day 1 |

DECEMBER 20, 2013:
There's no turning back now. Two years of missionary service start today. Leaving behind my family, friends, and all the worldly things that I used to have. Why? Because this is what Heavenly Father and I wanted to do for the sake of the people who needs the restored gospel in the area that I'll be assigned to. I'll definitely miss my Lola Lydia, Mama Libye, and Papa Arnold. It's also hard for them but they're all loving, understanding, and supportive parents to me since day one. It's definitely hard but I can do it. I am a son of God. He will help me accomplished all the things that He wants me to do for all the people that I'll encounter wherever area I'll be assigned to. 


Left: with Mama Libye | Right: with Lola Lydia
The love of a family is life's greatest blessing.

Aside from my family, my friends and ward mates were also present on this special day. I do really appreciate all their support. 

(L to R) Cha-Cha, Pam, Ana, me, Louie, Kinneth, Annalyn, and Jonelle



with Papa Arnold
with my loving parents.


😢
😢

It was really hard and sad to say goodbye. I know I'll see them again but being far away from them for two years feels like I'll be gone for two decades now. I'll definitely miss my family... On the other hand, I'm looking forward to this next adventure and sacred journey in my life. I'll do my best. I will.


LDS Missionary: "Someone who leaves their family for two years so that others may be with their family for eternity."

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of this day:
  • Goodbyes & Hellos
  • Filling out of forms.
  • Many injections. 😨
  • The orientation of President & Sister Beck.
  • Workshops and devotionals.

You Might Also Like

0 comments