My Camera Broke, Got a New One

Friday, May 02, 2014

BAGAMANOC | Day 14 to 17 |

APRIL 29, 2014:
In my personal study, I started reading Luke in the New Testament. I also update my "Paris book" and put the standard of truth and other stuff there. I also found something interesting and it is about the 17 points of a true church. I read it one by one and all of that is in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 😊

We also had 8 lessons today including our new investigator. The father and stepmom of our new recent converts. Sis. Shane referred them to us. Hopefully, they will progress also like their daughters.


APRIL 30, 2014:
My very first camera (GE X5) is probably broken because of the incident during our P-day last Monday. I tried to fix it but I think it's really broken now. Goodbye Roxy... It's been 4 years. 😢 I think I need a new camera.

My very first camera, GE X5 (Roxy). It was a gift from my parents when I was in college.


MAY 1, 2014:
We all woke up very early (4am) to catch the rare bus ride to Virac. We run out of supply and it's already been two weeks since we shop for groceries and other things. The bus is called "Mr. Suave", it is an old type of bus. Oh... it's opposite to its name, it's not a suave (smooth) ride. It broke down at least 3x along the way because of the rough road. It also feels like your soul is separating from your body. It was a really bumpy ride. Haha. 😂 Traveling via a small boat is better.

We arrived in the afternoon. Yes, it takes a lot of time to get to Virac because of the delays of unfortunate events. We got a haircut, did e-mail time for the first time since I arrived in Catanduanes, shop groceries, and I also bought a brand new camera. I withdraw the personal money my parents gave me. They are sending me one to two times a month aside from a package so I'm fortunate that they are all out supporting me during this journey.

It is a Canon Ixus 185, and I'll call it Shannon. It's not that great or expensive like my previous one but as long as it takes decent pictures I'm okay with it. I also have a DSLR back home but it's too risky to have it here.


MAY 2, 2014:
Today we went back to San Vicente, Bagamanoc. We arrived in the afternoon. Traveling/transportation is really challenging in this area. It is also time and energy-consuming. It is also really hot today. I'm still adjusting and I know I'll get used to this.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments April 29 to May 2:
  • 17 Points of the true church.
  • We taught:
    • Elijah - Obey & Honor the Law
    • Isaiah - L3
    • Gonzales Siblings - Scripture Study
    • Gonzales Family (NI)
    • Ibardaloza Twins -  L3
    • Julius - Pray often
    • Ezekiel - Obedience
    • Patrick - L1
  • Farewell Roxy (GE X5)
  • Mr. Suave Ride
  • Virac Adventure with Bernard
    • First time at Reyes Haircutters
    • E-mail time
    • Groceries
  • Hello Shannon (Canon Ixus 185)

You Might Also Like

0 comments