My First District Meeting as a District Leader

Friday, September 12, 2014

BAGAMANOC | Day 148 to 150 |

SEPTEMBER 10, 2014:
We did tracting in the morning followed by our scheduled lessons in the afternoon and the evening. Bro. Magin referred us again to the Salvador Family and unlike last time, this time it was successful and they are really interested to hear the gospel. Back in my early days here with my previous companion, it wasn't like this. I realized that there is a time for everyone. They might reject us before but there will be a right time for them. The important thing is you must try. It's like planting a seed and someday it will grow and can be harvested. We had a good day again and we also met new investigators. 😊


SEPTEMBER 11, 2014:
We cleaned the apartment before the newly assigned missionary here arrives. After we ate lunch, Elder Irabon arrives together with his new companion, Elder Abuel. He is our new district mate and housemate. He was my zone mate before in Tabaco for a few weeks before I got transferred here and I don't know much about him. He seems nice. Looking forward to their companionship.

We had a good day in missionary work again and we're on a roll. 😊


SEPTEMBER 12, 2014:
It's District Meeting today. I prepared our district's lesson during my personal study. I was a little nervous because it was my first time. Haha. Thanks to my companion, he helped me in planning. I'm fortunate that he is a former DL before, that's why he has experience in this kind of stuff. All my district mates are good and helpful. It was a good district meeting even though it was my first as a DL. District meeting's topic was about "How do we use our time wisely".

My District Meeting plan and lesson for today.
San Vicente Branch Elders: E. Abuel, E. Irabon, E. Feraer, and E. Aguilando

We had 7 lessons today, a referral, and a new investigator. We're doing really good lately. 😊

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of September 10 to 12:
  • We taught:
    • Gil Garcia (NI)
    • Daisy - Temples and Family History | D&C 128:15
    • Salvador Family - L1
      • NI: Hazel
    • Sis. Marivic - L1 P3-P4
    • Gonzales Siblings - Sabbath Day & Baptism and Confirmation
    • Sis. Trining - Scripture Study
  • Elder Abuel's arrival
  • We taught:
    • Sis. Mary Rose T. - Alma 32:21
    • Sis. Lovely T. - Romans 12:14,21
    • Castillo Siblings - Missionary Work | Mosiah 28:3
    • Lopez Family - Alma 8:19,20
    • Sis. Laila & Bro. Jay - Teachings and Learning in the Church
    • Tuquero Siblings - 10 Commandments
  • San Vicente District Meeting XII
    • Topic: How Do I Use My Time Wisely?
    • My first D.M. as a D.L.
  • We taught:
    • Julius - Teachings and Learnings in the Church
    • Angie - 1 Nephi 2
    • Anjo - Priesthood & Auxiliaries
    • Daisy - Service | Mosiah 2:17
    • Ezekiel - Teachings and Learning in the Church
    • Francis - Temples and Family History
    • Renz Mark Traqueña (NI)

You Might Also Like

0 comments