Companionship Exchanges with Elder Moran

Sunday, May 04, 2014

BAGAMANOC | Day 18 to 19 |

MAY 3, 2014:
We had a District Meeting in our apartment because all of the leaders are on a temple trip with some of the members. That's why the meeting house was closed. Haha. Elder Moran forgot to borrow the key. It was a unique experience. Even though we're doing it in the apartment we still follow the same routine and we can still feel the Spirit the same. I think this is the best DM so far since I arrived here. Elder Moran shared his knowledge and experience on how to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ (L3) effectively.

In the afternoon we had exchanges with the San Vicente Elders and my companion was Elder Moran and we proselyte in my area (Sagrada). We did well. We had five lessons. He is good at teaching calmly. My memorable moment today is when we taught Sis. Lydia Ara because it is my first time to teach her whole family in Sitio Tondo. Bro. Juan worked with us and I can see his willingness to help and share the gospel. I hope he will always work with us if he has free time.

with Elder Moran
with Bro. Juan


MAY 4, 2014:
First Sunday of May. It was an unusual morning. We went outside to take a shower because there's no water today. Usually, there's water around 6am to 7am and we fetch water nearby. The SV Elders decided to go to Villamartin Family and they asked if we can use their poso (an old-style water pump) or well. Thankfully, they let us use the one in their backyard and we showered outside. This is a new experience for me. 😅 

Sunday School and Sacrament Meeting went fine. All of the leaders and some of the members just arrived from Manila on their temple trip. I like the topic in the Priesthood class. It's about family. I'm still hoping and have faith that my parents will join this church someday when the right time comes. We had a coordination/correlation meeting afterward. Gosh! There are so many leaders attended unlike in my previous area or even my homeward. They are really dedicated to missionary work here in the San Vicente branch. Today was also the second day of exchanges and I'm still with our District Leader, Elder Moran. We worked in his area (Minaili and Bashad) together with Bro. Lanon, Sis. Verly and Sis. Vergie. He's good at teaching and mingling with people. I still learn something new from him.

(From L to R) Me, Bro. Lanon, Sis. Verly, Sis. Vergie and Elder Moran

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of May 3 to May 4:
  • San Vicente District Meeting III
    • (DM in our apartment)
    • How To Teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ Effectively
  • Exchanges with Elder Moran I
  • We taught:
    • Isaiah - Obedience
    • Gonzales Siblings - Sabbath Day
    • Julius - Scripture Study
    • Ara Family - L1
    • Elijah - Priesthood and Auxillary
  • Showered outside
  • Exchanges with Elder Moran II
    • Working on their area
  • We taught:
    • Sis. Vergie - BoM reading
    • Sis. Laila - 2 Nep 2:5
    • Sis. Monica - Mos 2:41
    • Sis. Mercy - L2 Q1

You Might Also Like

0 comments