Last Days with Elder Nielsen

Monday, March 24, 2014

TABACO | DAY 81 to 82 |

MARCH 23, 2014:
This is Elder Nielsen's last Sunday in Comun Group. Supposedly he doesn't want the members to know it yet. Then Elder Yu made a spoiler about it in the sacrament meeting during his talk. 😅 The members are surprised and they said their goodbyes and thank you messages after the service. They are grateful to my companion for his service in Comun Group. The Delos Santos Family will definitely miss him.

We didn't do any missionary work today so I study the scriptures instead while my companion is packing all his things. He has a lot of stuff, especially souvenirs that came from his previous areas. I wonder if I'm going to be like that when I reach my one year mark. As time goes by, I'm starting to feel sad. He is a sensei, mentor, trainer, and friend to me. He is the one who introduced and guided me in my early days as a missionary. I'm grateful to have him as my trainer. Before this day ends we also traded neckties. I want to do it too on my next companions for remembrance purposes. He also passed the generation tie that his trainer gave to him. After I put my name on it, he told me to pass it on to my trainee someday (if I'll ever train. LOL.).

Remembrance tie I got from my trainer


MARCH 24, 2014:
Last day of my companionship with Elder Nielsen. We did our usual P-Day routine in the morning. On e-mail time I received words of encouragement from my best friend Janelle. I miss her and Soc! I bought a cool "John Lennon-like" shades for my companion as a parting gift. I also gave him a photo memory of our companionship. He also wrote a back to back BR page for me. I appreciate it. 😃


In the evening we had a dinner/Despedida appointment with Delos Santos Family. I bought munchkins and Elder Nielsen bought and cooked fried chickens. Bro. Benigno cooked his "special rice" as he called it. 🍚 We shared it together and the ZLs/our housemates are invited too. It was an emotional night. We'll miss Sensei Nielsen...


_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of this day:
  • Elder Nielsen's last Sunday in Comun Group
  • Exchanges of neckties
    • Passing the generation tie to me
  • Last day of our companionship
  • Dinner/despidida at Delos Santos house

You Might Also Like

0 comments