Baptism: Jess Jerusalem & Denver Reforma

Saturday, March 22, 2014

TABACO | DAY 80 |

MARCH 22, 2014:
Baptism day of Tatay Jess and Bro. Denver! 😃 They came early to the chapel and they are so happy and excited for this day. Heavenly Father prepares a way for them to make it through on this special day. There is a blessing that came to Bro. Benigno and Bro. Jess before they went to the chapel. I testify that God moves in mysterious ways and He prepares a way for His children on earth when they have faith and they're righteous.

Me, Bro. Denver, Bro. Jess and Elder Nielsen

I remember the day when we first met Bro. Jess, he is very receptive and probably the readiest investigator that we had. Even before we met him he already started reading the Book of Mormon and finished the Bible. We are also thankful to his friend, our recent convert, Bro. Benigno for introducing the Book of Mormon and the gospel of Jesus Christ to Tatay Jess. Even though he is having a difficult time walking, his faith is stronger and he always attends church every Sunday.

with Tatay Jess Jerusalem (baptized by E.Nielsen)

Denver's conversion story is kind of similar to mine. He is a shy young man just like me before when I became a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints. As the day goes by, I saw his intent and desire to know the gospel more every time we visit him. He is progressing every day. His parents and my parents are also non-members as of now and I'm also hoping that all of them will be baptize someday when they are ready.

with Bro. Denver Reforma (baptized by E.Feraer)
Some members of our group in Comun also travels to Tabaco City for this special day.

(L to R) Yvette, Me, Denver, Stephanie, Sis. Bonaobra, Kaye, Bro. Bonaobra, Kevin, Elder Nielsen, Bro. Jess and Bro. Benigno 
They are now both baptized and made a sacred covenant to Heavenly Father. We are all happy for Bro. Jess and Bro. Denver. 😊

The transfer announcement also happened in the evening. My Trainer/Companion/DL, Elder Nielsen will be transferred. I'm really surprised because he is our District Leader and I really thought that I'll be the one who'll be transferred. It's mixed emotion for me, I'm sad because my companion will be transferred soon and at the same time I'm glad that I am staying in our area. I'm not ready to leave yet and I want to help our area to progress more.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of this day:
  • Baptism of Bro. Jess and Bro. Denver
  • Elder Nielsen will be transferred soon

You Might Also Like

0 comments