Third Companion: Elder Bacalso

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

BAGAMANOC | Day 1 |

APRIL 16, 2014:
This is the start of my new adventure as a missionary. We woke up early so we can't miss the bus because there's only one travel per day going to Bagamanoc from Virac. The four of us (Me, E.Bacalso, E.Moran, E.Bagaoisan) traveled first via ordinary bus. It's not a smooth ride because of the rough road and it's really bumpy sometimes but I still enjoyed it, maybe because it was my first time. It took around 3 hours to get there.


We rode a motorboat next and it was really COOOOOOOOOOOL! It was also my first time and I sit in the front. I felt like I'm Luffy from the anime One Piece! I enjoyed every second of it even though the waves are scary sometimes. I also saw some flying fish, like in the movie "Life of Pi". It was an amazing experience and from now on I love the sea! 😄 


It took less than 2 hours before we arrived in what they are called "Sabang". Unfortunately, it was low tide so we had to walk to our area. There were also other passengers in the boat we rode and I started my purpose as a missionary here through OYM. I simply shared a small message of the gospel and gave pass along cards while walking to our area. 

(with the other companionship and also my new housemates, Elder Bagaoisan and Elder Moran)
with my 3rd companion, Elder Bacalso

The area and our apartment here is the complete opposite of my previous one. Travel time is almost 5 hours and it was a fun experience for me. It is also a beautiful place and it feels like the other side of heaven. I'm looking forward to working with my new companion and old friend in Tabaco. Elder Bacalso and I have experience working before and I also learned from him during our exchanges when I was a trainee. I'm really excited to help this area grow. 😊

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of this day:
  • Lots of travel
    • Bus: Virac to Bagamanoc Proper- 3 hrs
    • Boat: Bagamanoc Proper to Minaili- 2 hrs 
  • First day in San Vicente

You Might Also Like

0 comments