Lesson in Family History

Saturday, January 18, 2014

TABACO | DAY 15 to 17 |

JANUARY 16, 2014:
In our District Meeting, the topic was "Teach People, Not Lessons". It is kind of the same topic in our Zone Training. We ate lunch at Graceland. I think that fast food only exists here in the Bicol Region. As for my experience, the food is not worth it for its price (expensive compare to other fast-foods). In the afternoon we joined the Zone Leaders in looking for a possible apartment near our area. We needed it because our travel is so time-consuming and it takes away some of our needed time in our area to work with. In the evening I met Bro. Dave's (one of the priesthood in my ward) mission-mate at the LCC Mall when we bought some food. She said that Bro. Dave messaged her that I'm assigned in Bicol and if I'll be assigned in her area, Bro. Dave asked her to please take care of me. Wow. I'm touched by Bro. Dave's gesture. What a coincidence also that I met Bro. Dave's friend. Unfortunately, I'm not assigned to their area but maybe someday I will. Bro. Dave is one of the older priesthood in my ward that I look up to.

My companion (E. Nielsen) and I after the District Meeting.


JANUARY 17, 2014:
During our exercise, Elder Nielsen and I invented a game called "cracker ball". It's like basketball but with a twist. It also has some obstacles in our rule. 😂 In our very first game, we had a deal that the loser will treat the winner Buko Frio (coconut milkshake) and I won.☝ We had an immediate rematch and I won again.✌ So I had a free buko frio and siopao at lunch. 😁 In my personal study, I'm nearing the end of Alma. In the afternoon we went to a computer shop for me to finish the required activity in my 12 Week Guide and it is called Family History Lesson. I learned that it can be used for the retention and activation of members in the church. It is also great for investigators. On our way to our area, we met Bro. Andres. He said that he met some missionaries before. We asked him if we can visit him and his family and he gave us his address. We taught the Delos Santos Family about where we came from in the Plan of Salvation. They participate really well and they have all different ideas about where we came from. At the end of the lesson, they are enlightened and glad that we are with Heavenly Father before we came here on Earth. 


JANUARY 18, 2014:
I finished Alma in the Book of Mormon. It is really long but it contains many lessons including the necessity of Jesus Christ atonement and resurrection in the Plan of Salvation. All of us can be edified and inspired by reading the missionary efforts of Alma, Amulek, the sons of Mosiah, as well as the conversion and faithfulness of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies. In the afternoon we did tracting. We also find the house of Sis. Erica and met her family. We introduce ourselves first and told them the overview of the gospel of Jesus Christ and how can it bless their family. We asked them if we can visit them again and they said yes. 😊 At 6pm we watched a live broadcast in the Tabaco Chapel. We saw the achievements of the church last year and the newly set goals this year. We are looking forward to helping to fulfill all the goals this 2014. I also received my mini Preach My Gospel (PMG) and Tagalog PMG today.

Fatter and fatter every day... 😁

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments from January 16 to 18:
  • Tabaco District Meeting II: "Teach People, Not Lessons"
  • I met Bro. Dave's mission-mate.
  • Cracker ball has been invented. I won twice.
  • Family History Lesson in my 12 Week Guide.
  • We taught the Delos Santos Family of  L2 Question 1.
  • Book of Mormon Reading ✔ List:
    • 1st Nephi 🗹 2nd Nephi 🗹 Jacob 🗹 Enos 🗹 Jarom 🗹 Omni 🗹 Words of Mormon 🗹
    • Mosiah 🗹 Alma 🗹
  • We met Sis. Erica's family.
  • Live Broadcast at Tabaco Chapel (Goals for 2014)
  • I got my mini PMG and Tagalog PMG.

You Might Also Like

0 comments