First Preparation Day & Interview with President Guanzon

Thursday, January 09, 2014

TABACO | DAY 5 to 8 |

JANUARY 6, 2014:
First preparation day in the mission field! I'm very excited about e-mail time and sending pictures to my family. Unfortunately, I can't because there's something wrong with my sd card. 😑 When we went to Photoline to print our pictures my sd card worked just fine. I figured out the problem and I'll fix it next week. 

We have a plan that we'll go to the Delos Santos family but the weather is not good. It's raining hard and there's no tricycle to Quinastillojan around so we decided to return to our apartment and call it a day.



JANUARY 7, 2014:
I measured my weight and I think I'm losing some fats in me. 😂 I weight 67 kgs in the MTC and now it's 64. I hope the decrease will continue. 🙏 Our first appointment today is Bro. Elton John (not the singer), he is a part member and the previous missionaries taught him before. We visited him and we set for the next appointment. 

In our finding, we met the Manamtam Family and they welcome and received us to their home. They listened to the gospel that we shared and it seems that they are really interested. 😊 At night, we visit the Delos Santos family again together with our Group Leader and we taught them about the Savior's Earthly Ministry, the Great Apostasy, and the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith. I also invited them to be baptized on February 15 and they accepted it! 😍 I'm really happy that Heavenly Father helped us in our teaching. The Holy Ghost will help them confirmed if our message is true and we know it's really true. We'll help them prepare for their baptism.😊



JANUARY 8, 2014:
We have an interview with President Guanzon. He is in Tabaco for our interviews. It's my first interview so I didn't know much about how it goes. In my turn, he just asked me how was my mission so far as a trainee, my progress, my companion, our area, if I need any help, and gave me some helpful advice. It was a wonderful interview and President Guanzon is like a father to all of us. After the interviews, he treats us to lunch in Mang Inasal, and all of us Elders with the A.P.s pig-out. Haha. 😅 In the afternoon we visited and taught the Manamtam Family again and we tracted for the rest of the day.
 


JANUARY 9, 2014:
We visited Bro. Elton John again and we also met his grandmother and cousin. Unfortunately, we didn't have a chance to teach because they're busy and we understand that. We just set an appointment with them. Sis. Nemia gave us a referral and she is Sis. Joy and we visit, introduce ourselves, and teach her. She is receptive and I hope she will receive us again next time. At night, Elder Todd cooked dinner for us. He is a good cook. 👍 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments from January 6 to 9:
  • First preparation day in the mission field. 
  • We met Bro. Elton John (a part member)
  • We met the Manamtam Family (through tracting)
  • We taught the Delos Santos Family about the Restoration and they also accepted my baptismal invitation.
  • President Guanzon interviews.
  • I sent a letter to my family.
  • We met Sis. Joy (through a referral of S.Nemia)

You Might Also Like

0 comments