Tabaco District Meeting I (My First D.M. in the Mission Field)

Saturday, January 04, 2014

TABACO | Day 2 to 3 |

JANUARY 3, 2014:
This morning I focus on studying principles 1 & 2 of Restoration. I wanted to understand this more because most of the time these are the message that we will share with our new investigators including "how to begin teaching". I also finished reading Jacob in the Book of Mormon and I really like how Jacob had an unshakable faith in Jesus Christ. Jacob taught and demonstrated the importance of diligently fulfilling callings from the Lord. I liken it into us missionaries that we must also be a hard-working disciple of Jesus Christ. After the studies we went to Tabaco Chapel for our district meeting.

My desk.
Tabaco Chapel, it is near our apartment.

In my very first district meeting the topic was "How Do I Recognize and Understand the Spirit?". I learned more about the importance of prayer and how to identify the Holy Ghost. I also like the message of Pres. Hinckley that E. Nielsen shared with us. Pres. Hinckley said, “You recognize the promptings of the Spirit by the fruits of the Spirit—that which enlighteneth, that which buildeth up, that which is positive and affirmative and uplifting and leads us to better thoughts and better words and better deeds is of the Spirit of God”.

Tabaco District is composed of E. Nielsen (DL), E. Todd (ZL), E. Yu (ZL), S. Evans (STL), S.Fabia (STL), S. Simonson, S. Villeza (my batchmate), E. Bacalso, E. Lethaby, S. Longson, S. Sasagi, S. Siola'a, S. Coleman and me.

In the afternoon we visit some of the members in our area to introduce ourselves. We are both new in this area and we didn't know most of the members. We also ask for referrals. We met Sis. Nemia and her two friends and they are very hospitable to us. Many kids in Comun loves to high-five us. It's fun. They are really playful and happy kids. 😅 We also visit Bro. Asis and invite him to attend church again.


JANUARY 4, 2014:
In my personal study, I read Enos, Jarom, Omni, and Words of Mormon in the Book of Mormon. I have a personal reading goal to finish the Book of Mormon in my training days and I started it when I was in the MTC. In our companionship study, we talked about the Legazpi Mission Rules.

In the afternoon we went to Tiwi because my companion had a baptismal interview. I met Sisters Longson (U.S.A) and Sasagi (Samoa) and their investigator passed the interview. After Tiwi, we went back to our area to contact some referrals. Sis. Nemia, Sis. Irene and Bro. Joseph helped and went with us. We found one of the referrals in Bantayan, she is Sis. Renafe Bon. She accepted us and we shared our message with her.

Tabak (Bolo) monument in Tabaco, Albay
My first picture in Tiwi, Albay with E. Nielsen.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments from January 3-4:
  • Tabaco District Meeting I: "How Do I Recognize and Understand the Spirit?"
  • Book of Mormon Reading ✔ List:
    • 1st Nephi 🗹 2nd Nephi 🗹 Jacob 🗹 Enos 🗹 Jarom 🗹 Omni 🗹 Words of Mormon 🗹
  • We met Sis. Bon.

You Might Also Like

0 comments