Tabaco Zone Training I (My First Z.T. in Tabaco Zone)

Friday, January 10, 2014

TABACO | DAY 9 |

JANUARY 10, 2014:
We had a Zone Training and it only happens once every transfer cycle. This is my first time to experience it so I didn't have any idea before this. I'm excited to see my other batch mates from other districts as well. Elders Andrada (Manila), Mautatia (New Zealand) & Sister Seiuli (Australia).

Top: Estilloso, Davis, Bacalso, Andrada, Cagas (DL), Gunnel (DL), Nielsen (DL), Bagaoisan & Feraer
Mid: Fabia (STL), Evans (STL), Mautautia, Alolor, Lethaby, McPherson, Hatch, Yu (ZL) & Todd (ZL),
Bottom: Villeza, Simonson, Coleman, Siola'a, Seiuli, Gamba, Longson & Sasagi

The STLs workshop is great, Sisters Evans & Fabia taught us about "Teach People, Not Lessons". I learned that we missionaries must ask inspired questions, listen well, and follow the promptings of the spirit. Part of the program are testimonies of new and departing missionaries. We (trainees) bear our testimonies and I'm happy to share mine and my experiences so far in the mission field. Sister Evans also shares her testimony and inspiring experiences throughout her mission. She is coming back home soon. 

Schedules for training missionaries are different from normal missionaries. We have more time for studies. Because we had a zone training our study schedule moved to the afternoon. In my personal study, I finished Mosiah in the Book of Mormon and I like the powerful testimonies of the mission of Jesus Christ. I also love how Abinadi stood firm in what he believes and shows great faith in our Lord even through his death. I liken the story of Alma to the people that we met and will meet in the future. Through our sincere testimonies, we can change someone's life no matter who they are. Finally, we also had a chance to teach Bro. Elton John and we also met Bro. Caloy (his father). He is present during our lesson to his son and he is hospitable to us. We also invite him to come to church this coming Sunday.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of this day:
  • Tabaco Zone Training I: "Teach People, Not Lessons"
    • I shared my testimony and experiences so far.
  • Book of Mormon Reading ✔ List: 
    • 1st Nephi 🗹 2nd Nephi 🗹 Jacob 🗹 Enos 🗹 Jarom 🗹 Omni 🗹 Words of Mormon 🗹
    • Mosiah 🗹 
  • We taught Bro. Elton John for the first time. 
  • We met Bro. Caloy Alejandro (Elton's father).

You Might Also Like

0 comments