Tiwi District

Friday, January 16, 2015

TIWI | Day 4 to 5 |


JANUARY 16, 2015:
Today was the first-ever district meeting of the newest district in Legazpi Mission. It's quite a good feeling that I'm the first D.L. of Tiwi. This is somewhat historical in some kind. 😅 We're only four missionaries in our District (like in my previous District). My companion and I are also with Elder Reyes and Elder Nibarger. They are in the second half of Elder Nibarger's training. Elder Reyes is from Ilocos and he's here in Tiwi for a long time now and he might be the longest-tenured missionary ever here in Tiwi. Elder Nibarger is from Washington, U.S.A. and both of them are friendly to me. I can feel that we'll all be getting along really well.

Tiwi District | Elder Reyes, Elder Bahinting, Elder Nibarger, Elder Feraer

My workshop today was about Christlike attributes. I chose this topic because it's an important part of being a missionary. Faith, hope, charity, love, knowledge, patience, humility, diligence, and obedience are the attributes of Christ that we must adapt and develop. If we develop all of these, it will definitely help us to become better disciples of Christ. Jesus told us to come and follow Him and the perfect way to follow Him is to be like Him. My D.L.'s message is 2 Cor 5:17.


After the meeting, we went to Tabaco City to withdraw and I saw Sensei Nielsen! He bear-hugged me like a kid that he didn't saw for a long time. 😆 He's happy that I'm back in Tabaco Zone. We talked about Comun and I hope I'll have a chance to visit my old area again through companionship exchanges. He's also up for it. This is his last transfer cycle in his mission days and he'll go home soon after this. Hopefully, we'll work together in Comun just like in the old days.


JANUARY 17, 2015:
These "no electricity" situation/problem and being both new in the area are getting on me really hard right now. It's super challenging! 😐 I really do hope that we can get over all of these soon. Our day in missionary work was still not productive. 😔 I also updated my journal today and I encouraged my companion to do his own journal too. I promised myself that I'll be more diligent in doing this. It is important. It's like writing down revelation in the scripture if you want to exaggerate it. Seriously, it is really important. 3 Nephi 23:9-14

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of January 16 to 17:
  • Tiwi District Meeting I
    • First DM in Tiwi ever
    • First Tiwi DL
    • Workshop: Christlike attributes
  • Short reunion with Elder Nielsen
  • Updated journal

You Might Also Like

0 comments