The Four Standard Works

Thursday, February 13, 2014

TABACO | DAY 42 to 43 |

FEBRUARY 12, 2014:
The standard works are the four volumes of scripture regarded as the word of God for us Latter-Day Saints. These are the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine of Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. I can't decide what to read next after I finished the Book of Mormon so my trainer advises me to re-read it again or focus on the Preach My Gospel because he told me that I'll use both of them a lot throughout my mission. He said that it is good that I only focus on it during my training. I listened to him and I'll follow Elder Nielsen's advice. I'll read the other scriptures after my training, but for now, focus on PMG and BoM first. I'm also interested in other deep doctrines but I'll save it for some other time. The needs of our investigators and other people in our teaching pool should be my top priority. I'll focus more on them in my personal study.

We taught Bro. Benigno and Sis. Evette today about the ten commandments. They are familiar with it so it is not difficult for them to understand and live it. They are really obedient to it. After the lesson, we asked them who they want to baptize them. They can choose between us or any capable priesthood in Comun Group. Both of them chose me and I'm flattered about it. Afterward, my companion told Sis. Evette if he can baptize her and she said yes. It is cool with me and it is great that my trainer and I will be both baptizers on their baptism. The important thing is they will get baptize and make a covenant to our Heavenly Father. 😊

My very first scriptures in the mission.


FEBRUARY 13, 2014:
I started working out on our apartment's rooftop. Forget the "6-pack abs February", I'll call this one "Biceps February". I want to convert this baby bouncy bicep first into a solid one before working on my tummy/ab(s). Haha. 😝 I'm not really good at working out/exercising. It is my weakness so far. There's a lot of delicious food here in Bicol. 😋 When study time comes, I read and read and read and read again. It's my hobby right now to study most of the time especially when I didn't have anything else to do. I make good use of time and it became a good habit of mine. 

Along our way to the tricycle terminal in Tabaco, I saw a homeless man. I always saw him every time we passed by but this time I came prepared. I brought food with me and I gave him the food that I have. Maybe it's not a big thing to others but I think this small act of random kindness is really big to the needy. I'll do it over and over again every time I will saw him. He is mentally incapable and I hope some passerby or any authorities in the government also help this man and others who are just like him. I felt sorrow every time I saw incapable people on the streets. 

We only taught in Alejandro Family today. 
   
Newly born puppies at Alejandro's Place.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Notable moments of February 12 to 13:
  • We taught:
    • Bro. Benigno & Sis. Evette - 10 Commandments
    • Alejandro Family - TPNL

You Might Also Like

0 comments